Friday, September 3, 2010

Narrative Illustration 2009

so I figured I'd have a post or two of backlogs, each with a brief description. That way I can post what I've already done, and then get on with whats happening now.

So Lets start with a little class called Narrative Illustration.

This is a piece I did for an article about the war of sorts between Anonymous (The internet) vs. Scientology. Color Pencil. This one is rather small. A sketchbook piece.

This was a small 20 minute or so Political Illustration about Healthcare.

As you will come to realize, I love drawing robots. One could say it's a bit of an obsession. They are a constant reoccurring theme in my work, and I'm sure will be what get me jobs in the future. This was a Piece for an editorial in Pop Sci about the possible future of robotics. I've always been drawn to the idea of synthetic life. This one was Photoshop. Couldn't tell you how long it took.


This was my 4 week final project. It consisted of a solid, no-break, 18 hours of work, and a significant shortening of my lifespan. It's not as strong as it could be. I was still learning how to do flats, and it suffered from inexperience. I still think it's a fairly strong piece, and it was too time intensive not to at least mention. This one was Photoshop as well. It was sort of my first foray into textured brushed, and it got a little out of hand.

Well, there you have it. The highlights from my Narrative Illustration Portfolio. More posts coming. (Probably today)

No comments:

Post a Comment